Disability Rights Awareness Month 2017
Special Olympics South Africa Overview
PROFILE OF DURBAN AND COASTAL MENTAL HEALTH – October 2017
DRAM2017 Calendar of Events (3 Nov 2017)
Poster – Building Resilient, Accessible and Sustainable Communities
Cabinet in 2013 approved the annual celebration of National Disability Rights Awareness Month from 3 November to 3 December, and 3 December as National Day of Persons with Disabilities on the national events calendar. The focus for DRAM2017 will fall on the 20th Anniversary of the release of the INDS and the 10th Anniversary of ratification of the UNCRPD and its Optional Protocol as important building blocks towards achieving our 2030 National Development Plan Vision.
Attached herewith the DRAM2017 poster. Please circulate widely within your environments and also assist by placing it on your institution/department/organisation’s notice boards.
Just a reminder –
The National Disability Rights Machinery furthermore agreed that a specific focus for DRAM2017 be on young persons with disabilities.
The theme for the DRAM2017, consulted widely, is ‘Strengthening Self-Representation: Young people building on the legacy of OR Tambo and Friday Mavuso towards sustainable and resilient society for all’.
The following sub-themes will change the focus on weekly basis –
- Week One: Main Theme (Launch Week)
- Week Two: Building Resilient, Accessible and Sustainable Communities
- Week Three: Leave No-One Behind – The Right to Self-Representation
- Week Four: Rights and Recourse – Social Justice for All
- Week Five: Honouring our Stalwarts
- Week Six: Young People as Champions of an Inclusive 2030
We are requesting that our stakeholders share your thoughts, ideas, challenges with proposed solutions, events and other news with us during the month.
Please make use of any of the following platforms:
- Please follow on Twitter: @Disability_SA; @The_DSD; @SABCDisability
- On FB, follow on @SocialDevelopmentZA; @SABCDisability360
- Use the following hashtags to enable us to retweet your posts: #Disability
‘Strengthening Self-Representation: Young people building on the legacy of OR Tambo and Friday Mavuso towards sustainable and resilient society for all’