SANCDA Host 1st Happy Hour Xchange
People living with NCDs are at a higher risk of becoming severely ill if they contract COVID-19. NCDs are underlying health conditions that require you to take special care: cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, respiratory diseases, dementia, kidney disease and cancer.
NCDs and other chronic conditions make the immune system slow down, and it is more likely to get an infection like COVID-19. So we want to keep you healthy.
The South African Non-Communicable Disease Alliance (SANCDA) is proud to announce the first NCD’s Happy Hour Xchange on Thursday 18 March 2021 at 18:00 to discuss COVID-19 in South Africa, exploring the risk and priority of comorbidities as we enter the second year, preparing for the second phase of vaccinations, and preparing for the third wave.
The South African Non-Communicable Disease Alliance (SANCDA) is proud to announce the first NCD’s Happy Hour Xchange on Thursday 18 March 2021 at 18:00 to discuss COVID-19 in South Africa, exploring the risk and priority of comorbidities as we enter the second year, preparing for the second phase of vaccinations, and preparing for the third wave. (link: https://www.sancda.org.za/)
Dr Waasila Jassat, Public Health Medicine Specialist from the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) is our first Xpert
Waasila is responsible for the Daily Hospital Surveillance (DATCOV) report. To view the latest NICD report with comorbidities included.
Registration for the NCD Happy Hour Xchange is essential. Space is limited.
About NCDs Happy Hour Xchange
Happy Hour Xchange is a series of knowledge Xpanding events informing and inspiring NCDs+ civil society organisations and activists to engage on diverse policy issues. Xperts Xchange key emerging facts and unknowns with us in an open and frank discussion via Zoom. Our aim is to Xpand the NCDs+ policy dialogue through engagement and co-production.
- Tone: Mutually respectful, interactive, inquisitive and informal.
- Frequency: Weekly or biweekly Thursdays for 1 hour between 18:00-19:00 SAST.
- Format: A modern-day seminar. Xpert, NAG selected chair,
- Part 1: Xpert – 15 minutes and Questions 15 minutes
- Part 2: Xpert – 15 minutes and Questions 15 minutes
- Questions can be submitted before and during a session.
- Platform: virtual meeting via Zoom a NAG chair and Xpert guest
Suggested topics so far:
- Targeted prevention Health Promotion Levy
- Phase 2 vaccine rollout
- Better Health Project SA report series on NCDs NSP related topics
- Alignment of policy
- Social & behavioural change communication
- Monitoring and evaluate
- Prioritisation and NCDs health care who says what
- Costing models for NCDs care
- The Cascades of care
- Social and other determinants of health
- Food security, nutrition and obesity.
- Post-COVID-19 agenda – build back fairer.
- Global diabetes Compact
- Integrated people-centred health services.
Cobranding with other organisations will be possible.
Contact Dr Vicki Pinkney-Atkinson, Director of SANCDA on 083 383 8159 or email:
[email protected] for more information.