14 June 2022 version. For real, this is the final version with corrections made to Figures 4 and 6 were revised. Implementation is based on this version.Download the 3rd NCDs+ Final version 14-6-22 3rd NCD NSP Final For Circulation_June 14 2022
The National Assembly Portfolio Committee on Health
A large part of the Assembly’s role in the law‑making process happens in committees and much of its oversight over the executive is also done through committees, particularly the portfolio committees.
As part of our quest for NCDs+ equity in South Africa we have human rights action and also need changes to health policy and law. We want to inform members of Parliament, particularly this involved directly about the needs of PLWNCDs+
In January 2022 the SANCD+A resubmitted its amended complaint to the SA Human Rights Commission. The complaint is structured with numbering according to the SAHRC online complaint form. The original complaint was accepted in Dec 2020.
The changes include:
- Inclusion of government beyond health, including the Presidency, National Planning Commission and including Provincial Departments of Health
- Making NCDs+ a national priority in the National Development Plan (NDP)
- Sharper focus on rights and desired outcomes
- Easier reading format with hyperlinks to references
- An annexure with the NCDs+ policy and events timelines from 2006