In January 2022 the SANCD+A resubmitted its amended complaint to the SA Human Rights Commission. The complaint is structured with numbering according to the SAHRC online complaint form. The original complaint was accepted in Dec 2020.
The changes include:
- Inclusion of government beyond health, including the Presidency, National Planning Commission and including Provincial Departments of Health
- Making NCDs+ a national priority in the National Development Plan (NDP)
- Sharper focus on rights and desired outcomes
- Easier reading format with hyperlinks to references
- An annexure with the NCDs+ policy and events timelines from 2006
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_btn title=”Read letter to Shisana” color=”violet” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sancda.org.za%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F12%2Fshisana-letter-health-summit-3-dec-approved-1.pdf|target:_blank”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]Date 2 December 2018 about civil society participation in the first Presidential Health Summit 19-20 October 2o19 .
Letter from the SA NCDs+ Alliance to the former President’s Special Advisor on Social Policy 2018, Professor Olive Shisana. Shisana convened the working group for the summit.
People living with NCDs+ and those who use the public health system were not given a place to attend. This group was later to be called “users” with a chair appointed by Shisana.
This letter is part of a protest to exclusion and to challenge the methodology and outcomes of the Presidential Health Summit.
The Health Compact is an outcome that is stated in the National Development Plan[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]