The SA NCD Alliance and 100 stakeholders agreed to a short-term action plan. The main points of agreement are listed below but without suggesting which one is most important.
- Support the National NCDs Plan but to hold government accountable
- Collaborate to fight NCDs (within and across sectors) in the NCDs Multisectoral Working Group (nMWG)
- SA NCD Alliance to be the lead organisation in the fight against the NCDs
- Strengthen national NCDs research agenda and capacity
- Use the national civil society non-communcable disease report as a NCDs advocacy tool
- Unrelenting action to strengthen NCDs systems culminating in a stakeholder meeting in August 2014
Read the finer details and see the process that we used to come to this action plan NCDs PRIORITIES FOR ACTION may 2014 final