National Research Foundation Amendment Bill 2015 – Comment open
National Research Foundation Amendment Draft Bill, 2015. The period for comment expires on 2016-10-05
The Department of Science and Technology has published the National Research Foundation Amendment Bill 2015, and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to amend the National Research Foundation Act, 1998, so as to:
- delete and insert certain definitions;
- extend the functions of the Foundation;
- provide for the Minister to determine policies and issue policy guidelines to the Foundation;
- empower the Minister to determine the process for and the establishment of a national research facility, its functions, governance, funding and access to national research facilities;
- provide for the withdrawal of the determination or transfer a national research facility;
- make certain textual alterations;
- delete certain inappropriate or obsolete provisions.
Comments can be emailed to Dr. Phethiwe Matutu [email protected] by Wednesday, 5 October 2016.