Mental health is critically important to everyone, everywhere. All over the world, mental health needs are high but responses are insufficient and inadequate. This comprehensive report draws on the latest evidence available, showcasing examples of good practice from around the world, and voicing people’s lived experience of mental health conditions. It highlights why and where change is most needed and how it can best be achieved.
It calls on all stakeholders to work together to deepen the value and commitment given to mental health, reshape the environments that influence mental health and strengthen the systems that care for people’s mental health.
Register information coming soon here. hh WorldMentalHealthReport
InAble is holding its 3rd Annual Inclusive Africa Conference
Register here. https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BfmPpGbPQq6hy0vB5XmwrQ
Keynote speakers include
- Haben Girma, a disability rights advocate;
- Jenny Lay-Flurrie, Chief Accessibility Officer, Microsoft,
- Cobhams Asuquo, Music Producer & Performing artist .
Hosted by inABLE, the program highlights include the launch of the first-ever ICT Accessibility Standard in Africa and Google Digital Accessibility Innovations Award. Here is a programme
The conference is sponsored by The Mastercard Foundation, Google, Microsoft, and Meta.
17th World Conference on Tobacco or Health: Submissions and Registration Open
The 17th World Conference on Tobacco or Health (WCTOH) is now accepting session proposals, abstracts and registrations.
WCTOH will be held from 7-9 March 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa with the theme ‘Uniting the World for a Tobacco Free Generation’. Held every three years, this international tobacco control conference brings together researchers, policy makers, NGOs, civil society, scientists, healthcare professionals and public officials working on all aspects of tobacco control from more than 100 countries.
Session submissions open
Abstracts and symposia submissions are open until 14 July 2017.
Submissions are invited for:
- Abstracts of original research for oral or poster presentations.
- Proposals for symposia.
- Satellite sessions which will be scheduled outside the core programme hours. Submissions will be accepted until all available time slots are filled. Please submit proposals in good time to avoid disappointment.
Read the abstract guidelines and session guidelines on our website.
Submit sessions and abstracts here
You are invited to participate in the Gauteng Department of Health NCDs coordination Quarterly meeting
Please attend if you are an interested member of civil society, the private sector, NGOs or academics
Objective to move the NCDs agenda forward across sectors.
We need your a active participation.
The Gauteng NCDs Committee is want your help to move this agenda forward…..
- Presentation by the Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa salt reduction strategy & other nutritional interventions progress to date. Ms Christelle Crickmore
- Training for health care workers…. what do the people of the province need? Let’s get your voice heard.
AMREF and GSK project.
- Cancer issues – CANSA Ms Olivia Curlewis
- Roche Pharmaceuticals presentation
Friday 24 June 9:00-13:00 Committee Room Next to the Board Room Helen Joseph Hospital.
Committee Room Next to the Board Room Helen Joseph Hospital
Confirm attendance Ms Dudu Mthombeni or phone 011-355-3336.