If you, or someone you know, have overcome a medical condition with the help of medical technology, and are now giving back to make a positive impact in the world, apply for the Medtronic Foundation’s 2017 Bakken Invitation Award and join a global philanthropic movement of patients who “Live On. Give On. Dream On.” Applications are open through July 24, 2017.
About the Award
The Bakken Invitation Award, funded by Medtronic Foundation, promotes access to healthcare by recognizing and connecting people who, with the help of medical technology, have overcome health challenges and are now making a difference in communities around the world. The program is named after Medtronic co-founder, Earl Bakken, who openly acknowledges that medical technology has given him 10+ years of “extra life”— time he has put to good use, with heavy community involvement.
Each year, the Medtronic Foundation selects a new group of Honorees and invites them to:
- Convene in Hawaii (USA), where Earl Bakken resides, for an all-expenses-paid experience where Honorees acquire skills to inspire and empower others to manage their own health condition; mobilize other patients to give on in service to others; and learn how to use their voices and scale up their volunteer efforts to make a broader impact.
- Select a charity of their choice to receive a grant from the Medtronic Foundation.
Since 2013, the Medtronic Foundation has recognized 47 Bakken Invitation Award Honorees and disbursed $940,000 USD to nonprofit organizations through the program to further their work. View profiles of past honorees to see how their work impacts the lives of others.
What can you do?
- Invite patient volunteers to apply: Forward this email to your network of people who volunteer and serve others.
- Connect with us on Facebook and visit our website.
- Tag us and include the hashtag in your posts #BakkenInvitation #LiveOnGiveOn.
How to Apply
All applicants 14 years of age or older with eligible medical technology are welcome to apply, regardless of device manufacturer. For a complete list of application requirements, and information on how to apply, visit liveongiveon.org to apply before July 24, 2017.
Your support helps to lift the voices and the charitable initiatives of patients around the world.