2019 July NDoH Stakeholder NCDs Stakeholder consultation CV disease and stroke. This is a copy of the invitation sent on 24 July 2019 with a response required by 31 July for a meeting on 7 July 2019. From Dr Yogan Pillay
A draft agenda was circulated before the meeting. Here is the draft agena.
There was no time for discussion. Diabetes was included in the meeting without prior notice.
No minutes of the meeting were circulated nor were the presentations.
The consultation aims to:
Ndoh stakeholder meeting document
- Identify cascades of care for CVD and Stroke and understand the roadblocks that impede care;
- Identify immediate, medium- and long-term interventions to enhance care; and
- .Promote collaborative interventions to create awareness and educate communities and health workers on CVD and Stroke
A 5-page summary report of social and behaviour change communications (SBCC) for NCDs in South Africa.
Date February 2021. Commissioned by the Better Health Project South Africa (BHPSA)
This report summarises two studies that were requested by the South African NDoH to strengthen its approach to social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) for the prevention of NCDs.
- Section A discusses an evidence-based and systematic approach to SBCC and provides the ideal components of a framework for an SBCC strategy. It also provides evidence that could be used to design an SBCC strategy for
NCDs in South Africa; and
- Section B uses the quality assurance tool in the above framework to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of one national campaign: National Nutrition and Obesity Week (NNOW, October 2020)
A 3-page summary repart of lessons learnt global multistakeholder and multisectoral approaches. The report draws on lessons from other countries to support the implementation of the draft South African NCDs NSP (May 2020). It is will a paradigm shift to make implementation.